Monday, April 12, 2010

Memories!!

I guess it had to happen, I can't deny it, I will have to admit it--I'm getting old!  I have several aches and pains that never go away, I have an old woman's skin, sometimes I creak when I rise.  Despite all this, I have refused to give in--not me--not yet!?!  I still take care of 2 great grandchildren 4 days a week, 10 hours a day.  That will keep you young!!  What has made me decide that I'm finally getting old is a quote that I read and instantly related to!!  I remembered every word!  If you're under 40, you may not know what a feat that is!
The quote is: What we do for ourselves, dies with us, what we do for others is immortal. Albert Pine
I don't know who Albert Pine is, but I know what he is.  Either a convicted Christian, a loving parent, or an adoring grandparent--or all three.  If you don't believe in God and Eternal Life, please believe you will live forever--in the memories you have made with your children and grandchildren. 

2 comments:

ChaChaneen said...

So true, so true! Great quote too ~ that's a keeper!

Eric Lorentzen said...

Just a tear....or two.......or three