Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Holidays

 Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday!!  I love everything about it!  In addition to the 'reason for the season', the colors, the smells, the fellowship with a little extra thoughtfulness and general good cheer.  Finding the perfect gift for all my children, grandchildren and now great grandchildren, watching the joy shine in their faces Christmas morning--wonderful.  My son-in-law cooks Christmas dinner so I am completely free to enjoy!!

Thanksgiving is a close runner-up.  After the cleaning, cooking, eating and shopping, comes the first of the Christmas specials.  The family sitting around together, the little ones oohing and ahing, with an occasional "I want that"!  Friday we were watching a holiday show with Andrea Bocelli (wonderful) and the Muppets, I remembered the first time I heard of the Muppets.  My granddaughter, living in Oregon, would tell me over the phone about "Bertnernie".  For the longest time, I didn't know it was not one word!!

1 comment:

ChaChaneen said...

Oh I enjoy these holidays too! Just wish our society would slow down more to enjoy them! Lurve ya Ann!